Product Categories

22 Carat gold

22 Carat gold, also known as 22k gold, is a type of gold alloy that is 91.67% pure gold, with the remaining 8.33% made up of other metals. The added metals help to harden the gold, making the jewelry less likely to break or change shape easily. 

In the UK, people measure gold purity in carats, using a system of 24 parts. In America, they use “karats” to measure the purity of precious metals like gold. So, 22k gold in America is the same as 22 carat gold in the UK. 

22 carat Gold Purity


22 Carat gold contains 22 parts of gold mixed with two parts of other metals/alloys such as copper, silver, nickel, and zinc. This gold is harder and more durable compared to 24 carat gold due to the additional metal composition.

Price Per Gram

The price of 22K gold in the UK changes daily and even by the minute based on market conditions. Factors like the US dollar exchange rate, political and economic conditions, and supply and demand, among others, influence prices.

What is 916 Gold?

22 Carat Gold has a fineness of 916 parts per 1000, meaning it is 91.6% pure gold. A stamp on gold coins and bars often indicates this level of purity.

22ct Gold Purity

22 Carat gold was popular for older coins because pure gold is very soft. If pure gold had been used for circulating coins, they would likely have been damaged and become misshapen over time. To make the coins tougher and able to withstand regular use, mints would mix the gold with a small amount of other metals, often copper.

22k Vs 24k Gold

The major difference between 22k and 24k gold is the purity level. This difference in purity affects the softness and durability of the gold. 

Characteristic22K Gold24K Gold
Purity91.67% pure gold99.9% pure gold
Remaining Composition8.33% other metals (silver, copper, zinc, etc.)0.1% other metals
ColorSlightly darker yellow hueBrighter, more vivid yellow
Softness/MalleabilityHarder and more durableSofter and more malleable
SuitabilityBetter for jewelry and daily wearBetter for investment and certain industrial uses
CostLess expensiveMore expensive
22k Vs 24k Gold

22 Carat Gold Applications

While 22ct gold jewelry is valued for its beauty, its gold coins and gold bars are the preferred choice for investors. Some of its important applications are given below:

Wealth Preservation

It is a reliable asset that historically retains its value well during economic downturns and high inflation periods. Investing in 22ct gold coins and bars can diversify a portfolio and protect against the erosion of purchasing power.

Portfolio Diversification

Including it in an investment portfolio can provide a hedge against stock market volatility and risks from other asset classes. Gold’s low correlation with other assets makes it an effective diversification tool.


22k gold coins and bars are highly liquid assets that global markets easily buy and sell. This makes 22k gold a convenient investment for those needing quick access to their funds.

22 Carat Gold Coins

The next day bullion stock a wide range of 22 carat Gold coins for many purposes. We are a premier online retailer specializing in 22ct gold coins and bars. Renowned for its reliability and trustworthiness, Next Day Bullion provides investors with a convenient and secure platform to purchase high-purity gold products, making it a top choice for investment-grade gold.

22 Carat Gold Coin

Final Thoughts

22 Carat gold, also known as 22K gold, is 91.67% pure gold with the remaining 8.33% made up of other metals, enhancing its hardness and durability. People widely use 22K gold in jewelry for its warm, yellow color, and refer to it as 916 gold due to its 916 parts per 1000 purity. The price of 22K gold in the UK fluctuates with market conditions.